Subject: [Leica] What is Infinity - To The Moon!
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 02:38:32 -0500 (EST)

Dear Colleagues,

One of the great advantages of the Leica M is that I can track with the
rangefinder almost to Infinity. An SLR becomes vague as I focus to it toward
Infinity.

Sometimes in clear weather with the M3 I can parse a mountain with the
rangefinder two miles off [or think I do] -- and we have a lot of 'em out
here in Oregon. I try to avoid racking the lens into the Infinity lock on my
Leitz lenses. This won't work shooting the moon. There Infinity means
business even against an M3.

Bob