Subject: Re: [Leica]Elmar 2.8/50 Collapsible
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:39:01 -0500

Steve wrote:

<<<I burned up my battery in two days because as best
I can figure the shutter was cocked and the way I had the M6 stored must
have depressed the meter for a long time. The battery was dead after only
using it a few times.>>>>>>>

Steve:

In the event you missed the posts in the past weeks regarding shutter
release pressure on the M6 and draining batteries.

And you may already know this.  Whenever you put the M6 in a bag, it is
recommended by Leica and those of us who learned the hard way, to always
turn the shutter speed dial to "B".  This breaks the circuit and keeps the
battery from being drained.

 Just in case you didn't know.  Many of us have done exactly what happened
to you.

ted