Subject: Re: [Leica] WA infinity performance
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:52:02 +0100

Tom,

selecting a closer distance and increasing the lens's performance at
infinity by the DOF, would support my statement, that (super) wide
angles are not corrected for infinity, but for the corresponding
"working distance".

I've some good experiences with your technic and the 3.4/21 M SA, but
I felt/feel the 2.8/28 M & R Elmarits', 1.4/35 asph M Summilux's, or
the 4.5/38 Biogon's performance at infinity disappointing, compared
to their performance at closer distances - No matter, whether I set
the scale to infinity or use the DOF scale till f 8 (I never use
f-stops above).

Alf