Subject: Re: [Leica] Magnum Photos Website +
From: newport_m@utpb.edu (Mark Newport)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 97 14:13:17 -0800

>There are two types of Websites. One that has the goods. And one that talks
>about the goods with a price tag. I avoid the latter like the plague.
>
>I find that most institutional Websites do present the goods. There are those
>rare commercial sites that present tasteful essays on the goods, containing
>the best of them. That's a fair compromise.
>
>Perhaps at this early stage we should discuss Websites that relate to Leica
>prints vis a vis this sense of purpose.

snip

>Bob

I guess (for me anyway) getting to see a current list of active Magnum
members, reading a nice bio on each, seeing a sample picture from each and
neat lists of things like published works (complete with ISBN #'s in case I
should try to find one), far outweighed the one small link they provided to
sell rights and prints. Not to mention the news on the Magnum 50 Years
exhibition (and book) and how to submit portfolios to the NY office.  There
were quite a few Luggers that were intrested in things concerning "Magnum"
when last I posted on the subject. I thought it was a great site filled
with Magnum trivia.

BTW, for those of you that were intrested in "The Magnum Story" documentary
I was trying to find, this website had the email address and special
projects contact person at the NY office, so I requested info.  When they
reply I will let everyone know if the tapes are available. If any one else
wants to contact them directly, it's in the "how to reach us " section @

 http://magnumphotos.capgemini.co.uk//home.htm

Mark