Subject: Re: [Leica] Focal Length Perspective
From: Peterson_Art@hq.navsea.navy.mil
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 13:58:43 -0500

     Well, I don't know what you mean by "most natural perspective," Bud,
     but it suggests that perspective which is most nearly like that of our
     human eyesight, and I believe, for the 35mm camera format, the "most
     natural perspective" in that sense is provided by about an 85mm focal
     length (regardless of film type).  But of course I may be wrong (i.e.,
     mis-remembering).  And in any case, that is NOT to say that 85mm need
     be your---or anyone's---PREFERRED focal length, which is another point
     altogether (and, perhaps, what you really meant).

     Art Peterson