Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:getting close
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 07:47:12 -0800

jose luis gonzalez wrote:
> nearly jumped out of my skin! I was only two feet away from them all!
> The
> phrase, 'Get in close' comes to mind, but boy, does that photo have
> impact!
> Jem

Many years ago was at the Altamont rock festival, the left coast version
of Woodstock.  One time was photographing the Hell's Angels doing crowd
control with pool cues and one of them saw me, I could tell, looking
through the 21mm lens, pointed the pool cue at me, yelled something
threatening and started coming.  I put camera down (after shooting one
frame of course), leaned back and pushed off with heals and quickly
buried myself in the crowd.  Heart pounding.

Maybe Leica should put an "objects are closer than they appear" warning
on the viewfinder.

Donal Philby
San Diego