Subject: Re: [Leica] re: the Leica vs. Nikon thread
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 21:40:43 -0500 (EST)

Recently had a chance to shoot up some Tri-X with my FM2 and Nikkor 55/2.8
Micro and was really impressed with the performance of this lens vis a vis
my 50 Summicron (6 element, 2nd gen. Wetzlar). --Bruce Feldman
Bruce,

The Nikon Macro 2.8 is a fine lens for close-up work, but as a field lens it
seems clumsy, particularly when the longer distances are all concentrated in
a very short focusing ring space. I agree, with the FM, it is a splendid
combination.

Bob