Subject: Re: [Leica] Need some info on 15mm Super-Elmar
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 00:10:43 -0500

David Freedman wrote:

<<< I've been advised by the dealer that the lens dates from circa 1980-81.
Should this be a major concern to me?  Has the Super-Elmar undergone any
revisions/updates in the last 16 years? Would paying more for a more recent
example be money well spent?>>>>>>>

David,

Get that lens on your camera and get shooting! :) You are in for some of
the most exciting picture taking of your life, it's just a wonderful image
making tool. As far as I know there haven't been any changes to the lens
since it came out and I got mine around 80-81.

And I see Jim Brick has mentioned how your viewers will be asking, "How did
you do that?" constantly. As a matter of fact the first few times you use
it you are going to be saying, "WOW!!!!" :)

Have fun, you'll have a great time with it.  The only thing you must do is
keep your camera absolutely correct vertical and horizontal to avoid
distortion, but you will see what we mean at first glance.

But if you use the distortion it can create to your advantage, like turning
the lens right-up, it is absolutely wild! You have to try some to see what
it looks like as finshed print or slide.

ted