Subject: [Leica] Need some info on 15mm Super-Elmar
From: "David P. Freedman" <dpfreedman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 21:06:45 -0500

I'm on the verge of dropping a wad o' dough on a used but mintish
(minty?) Super Elmar.  Although I haven't set eyes on the lens yet, the
dealer from whom I'd be buying has a sterling reputation among LUG
members so his evaluation of the condition is undoubtedly spot on. So
here are my questions:  I've been advised by the dealer that the lens
dates from circa 1980-81. Should this be a major concern to me?  Has the
Super-Elmar undergone any revisions/updates in the last 16 years? Would
paying more for a more recent example be money well spent?

Any opinions/information would be greatly appreciated.

David Freedman