Subject: Re: [Leica] filters for M-lenses
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 12:42:09 -0800

The best filter UV filter is no filter, since they only add flare,
decrease sharpness, and decrease your bank account.  The exception is if
you are shooting in an environment where something might hurt your lens,
like sea spray.   Filters, by the way, are one of the best money makers
for camera stores, that is the ONLY reason most stores push them.

If you insist upon buying them, make sure they are multi-coated.   Hoya
HMC filters are excellent and comparatively inexpensive.

Stephen Gandy