Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Dream system
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 21:47:46 +0100

>At 17:05 8-12-97 -0800, you wrote:
>>From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
>>Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:03:49 +0100
>>Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica  Dream system
>>
>>My dream system for the M6:
>>35mm Summilux ASPH
>>50mm Summicon
>>75mm Summilux
>>This covers almost all assignments with the ultimate quality possible at
>>the moment.
>
>>From your 50mm Leica M lens tests (in Camera Beurs) I got the impression
>you preferred the 50mm S'lux. What made you change your mind?
>=========
>Bert Keuken

Hello Bert

In my conclusion in the article you refer to, I said that the Summicron-M
had a higher level of  corrections than the Summilux(-M). But I also noted
that if you needed the 1,4 aperture and could not afford the Summicron as a
second standard lens, you were very well served with the Summilux,
especially the older one as it is cheaper second hand.
My listing here just shows the ultimate optical quality. And the 75 tops
the 50mm Summilux in its overall qualities.
Erwin