Subject: Re: [Leica] Only One Lens
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:25:44 +0100

Rick,

of course it depends on your style, needs and wishes but considering my own
experiences I would recommend to start with the 35/2 Asph.  This is a very
versatile lens, you can do the heap with it.

Depending on your longings while using this lens consider next to double the
focal length, i.e. get the 75/1.4. This is an extremely wide opended lens
coming near to the Noctilux in its low light capabilities while on the other
hand it has pretty good tele functionality. The finder is bigger than the 90.

If on the other hand you need more often a wider angle - who knows, it might
happen - you can get a shorter lens like 24 or 21 although you don't plan to
get one yet.

If you need over the 75/1.4 the Noctilux get it as one of the crowns of your
system in between your focal needs.

The point is to start with the most flexible lens for you. Then consider your
next steps.

christoph

P.S. I started with the Noctilux - for years my single M lens. Next I got a 90
and last I got my mostly used 35.