Subject: Re: [Leica] HOLOGON bayonet: adjusted or replaced ?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 13:09:06 -0500

At 07:46 AM 12/8/97 -0500, Lucien wrote:
>I understand that the distance between the bayonet and the film
>is not the same on Leica M and Contax.(29mm and 27,8mm ??)
>
>My question is: on the Hologon made for Contax G and adapted to the Leica M
>is the bayonet replaced or only adjusted ??
>I know that the huge depth of field will compensate, but anyway, I'm
>curious.
>
>BTW The same question arise regarding the first Hologon and the Contax with
>fixed Hologon.
>Whas the distance the same ??

The original Hologon was fitted not to the Contax but to a fixed-lens
version of the Contarex.  The back-focus for LTM is 27.8mm, for Leica M is
28.8mm, and for Contax G is 29mm, per Kyocera, and 26.95mm per Willem-Jan
Markerink.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!