Subject: Re: [Leica] Hologon & Leica prices in Tokyo
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 97 10:24:42 -0000

Larry Steinberg wrote:

>I am most interested in Leica contacts in Japan, as I am now looking to =
buy
>another M6 body.  Could you please tell me if it is possible to buy Leica
>direct from these Japan dealers?
>
>Any information regarding these or other Leica dealers in Japan, and the =
best
>method to purchase these products overseas would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Larry

As far as mail order business with the Japanese stores go I have no =
personal experience. I just know that Japan is not as advanced as the =
US. They have not even reached the yet primitive level of us here in =
Europe.

Mu advice is that you look for a Japanese camera or photo magazine. =
They are full of camera adds. And with the right investigative mind =
those are not so hard to understand. Leicanese is as you know a very =
global language. And the prices are always written in Arabic =
numerals. That=B4s the same as we use!

The very best Japanese camera magazine IMHO is ASAHI CAMERA. But the =
more popular one that goes for the younger crowd is CAPA. That one is =
also more easily available abroad. Ask your Japanese neighbor about =
the nearest Japanese book shop.

Claes