Subject: [Leica] M lens on CL/CLE
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 12:50:18 -0500 (EST)

Frankly, almost any M lens can be used with the CL. The only ones I wouldn't
use are the large-diameter ones, like the high speed variety. They unbalance
the CL and protrude into the viewfinder area. Since I've never used the CLE,
I can't talk about it.

The CL is really its own system -- which includes the two lenses made
expressly for it. The only 50mm lens I love to use with the CL is the 50mm
2.8 Elmar, any model year you can afford. My CL has a frame for the 50mm
which the 50mm Elmar activates.

While on the subject, were Leica Solms or Minolta to reintroduce the CL/CLE,
there would be thousands of au courant buyers. These great compacts
completely outclass in quality anything that followed, including the present
expensive compact interchangeable lens AF's recently discussed.

Bob