Subject: [Leica] Les Americains en Paris
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 13:10:07 -0500

Dear LUG,

If you're interested in seeing what a Leica can do, and at the same time
affect the direction of a whole movement in contemporary photography, check
out Robert Frank's The Americans. Images that were published in his classic
book are on display at the La Maison Europe=E9ne de la Photographie in Paris
until February 8. Their web page is http://www.pictime.fr/mep/default.htm

If anyone cares to rendezvous, I'll be in Paris with my assistant from
January 27 thru February 2. Being able to see this show is serendipitous
icing on the cake. I'm sure Tom Abrahamson is looking for an excuse to
return to Paris.

Carl Socolow
"Between the ideal and the reality lies the shadow." T.S. Eliot