Subject: Re: [Leica] Wide Alternatives
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 22:11:35 -0600

At 12:48 PM 12/3/97 -0500, you wrote:

>...or am I the only one who's interested in this particular comparison?

I'm sure there are, but I for one would not be interested. Why? Because I
know that there are some major compromises in the Canon lens. It is not
terribly sharp at the edges at the wide end. They created this lens
specifically to work with digital cameras, whose resolution is quite a bit
less than good film. So they let the quality suffer in the edges a bit to
make it work for a reasonable price.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

To say a human being is nothing but molecules, is like saying a
Shakespearean play is nothing but words.

Murphy's Law