Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica/Nikon/Canon
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 21:58:05 -0600

At 03:16 PM 12/3/97 +0000, you wrote:

Thanks for the info on the new digital Canon. If only the size is
different, that would cinch it for me!

>I hear what you say about the problems with digital artifacts (like
>blooming), but it's noticeable that these are 'photographer
>dependent' some can produce images which don't suffer in this way,
>others can't.

I don't think this is necessarily true. We are very capable photographers.
What it takes to avoid blooming is to use a slow ISO and strobe the
situation. As photojournalists, we often don't have the luxury of doing
that. There is no other way to avoid blooming in similar lighting
situations. It's a fact of digital.

I'm sure they'll eventually fix it. But for now, a hybrid system would be a
better deal, but our publisher has given the mandate. Go digital.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

To say a human being is nothing but molecules, is like saying a
Shakespearean play is nothing but words.

Murphy's Law