Subject: Re: [Leica] Consensus Yet Again
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 97 12:18:41 -0800

What Brian wants is two things:
	1. Minimize the number of messages sent to leica-users
	   subscribers that are on the topic of email.
	2. Maximize the number of people who are happy with what the
	   list does.

I said that I would not change anything until the 15th because I have
been a computer system administrator for 30 years and I have learned
that many people are initially outraged by all changes; one must wait a
while for the emotions to subside before one can make a facts-based
decision about what to do.

I would vastly prefer to have the votes sent to me, privately, as about
50 people have done. I don't like seeing votes sent to the list because
it wastes everyone's time. If you think I'm going to rig the election,
you can CC Marc on your vote, but for heaven's sake don't CC the list.