Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Leicaflex, Leicaflex SL or R3? Need help ag
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 97 08:20:49 PST

     Hi,

      I currently have all the Leicaflexes and the R3 and used to use the
     R3MOT with winder and grip.  Some people mentioned several times that
     the R3 were problematic, that I cannot agree with.  I had no problem
     with the R3MOT and current R3 at all except the crumbled foam around
     the back door window.
      The great advantage of the R3 over the Leicaflexes is that it has
     autoexposure capability in selective and integrated modes.  I have
     found that the R3MOT with winder and grip was really well balanced
     while the Leicaflexes could hurt your middle finger if you use it for
     a while.  I always had sore middle finger after using any of the
     Leicaflexes for more than an hour because my middle finger sat on the
     self-timer.  Other than that I do not have any complaints at all.
      Another thing I want to mention is the Leica feel.  The feel of the
     Leicaflexes is totally different because they have the traditional
     mechanical Leica design while the R3 has a feel of Japanese
     electronics mixed up with Leica mechanics.  In a nutshell, whatever
     your choice would be, you would not be dissatisfied.

     Regards,
     David