Subject: Re: [Leica] Where to put the reply?
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 05:57:04 -0600

>On  1 Dec 97,  Gary Todoroff wrote:
>[cut]
>> BTW, would people please put their e-mail responses *above* the text
>> that prompts your e-mail? That way we don't have to scroll down
>> through a familiar message to see your words of wisdom. In fact, after
>> a long weekend with 200 LUG e-mails to read, if your msg isn't right
>> on top, then I don't even scroll down to look. With so much to read,
>> the Delete button is just too handy.

Not much to scroll through here ...
   It seems as if standard email protocol is to place the quoted text first
before replying.  That places the reply in the context in which it is
intended.  The entire text does not have to be quoted if the response only
deals with a particular section of the previous message.  Using a [cut] or
<snip> notation as above to indicate that some of the previous text was
removed to shorten the reply, as long as that does not take things out of
the intended context.

- -GH