Subject: Re: [Leica] Where to get used leica lenses?
From: Steve Hickel <smhickel@x2.alliance.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 03:40:52 -0500

Lucian,

I bought a new M6 but now need to sell my 80-200 F2.8 Nikkor ED lens in
order to get a good lens for the M6. For now, I must admire the body and
envy the lenses. I am figuring about $650 in cash or trade value for the
Nikkor. Subsequently I am looking at the Summilux F1.4 M mount lens. Do you
feel this lens would be the best value for general shooting, starter lens
or do you have other thoughts?

Also, I bought a black M6. I like the look. A dealer told me to get chrome
as he thought it wouldn't show wear as much. I threw the advice to the wind
in favor of the black look. My question is there tape, e.g. electrical that
could be put in critical wear areas to preserve the body or just throw
caution to the wind and use the heck out of it?

Steve