Subject: Re: [Leica] Ultimate sharpness for portraits???? YUCK
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 21:41:25 -0700

On  1 Dec 97,  ted grant wrote:

<snip>

>The bottom line is the 90mm Summicron is just too sharp
> and fantastic a lens to use on older women portraits! :) And not have
> them want to remove part of your anatomy!   Your head, your head! :)

Only formal portraiture that I did was years ago for the newpaper shots
that would appear in the newspapers announcing the engagement, wedding
etc. These were usually nubile sweet young things. Sharp lenses didn't
bother them, but I often wondered what the difference would be between
the various softening devices compared to purposefully defocusing the
lens a bit?

- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

           Thought for the day:
       Is a lady barrister without briefs a solicitor?