Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Cartier Bresson and the 6 exposures.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 13:26:17 -0500

Carl Socolow wrote:

<<<Danger! Danger! Jem was making a sarcastic response to one of our LUG
members who described  his technique for using zone system on 35 roll
film. The sarcasm being that this zone approach is absurd if it were
applied to one of the greatest images of our time, particularly if it
were on 35mm film.>>>>>>

Damn and I fell for it hook line and sinker!!!!! :)

I just couldn't imagine HCB asking the guy to do it 50 times let alone 6.

OK guys. it's Monday morning and Mondays are hell! Let alone my mind runs
at less than half speed, which is better than most times. :)

<<<What amazes me about the latter is that either HCB is invisible
(rumored) or so unobtrusive that the subject was oblivious to being
photographed. Relax. The legend continues.>>>>>

Maybe he was the first "invisible man! :)

Damn a guy feels pretty stupid when he's been sucked in and walks right
into it up to his knees, I should have known better after shooting all that
veterinarian stuff around the cow barns last month! :)

Whew, I'll be able to sleep to-night knowing old HCB is still the world's
greatest "one shot decisive moment wonder!" :)

ted