Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "[LUG]" test, please ignore / and more stuff tha
From: "Willem-Jan Markerink" <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 18:29:06 +0000

On 30 Nov 97 at 10:51, Jim Brick wrote:

> At 04:03 PM 11/29/97 -0800, you wrote:
> >Testing change to "Subject" field of leica-users messages.
> >

> Why are you doing this? Eudora and many other emailers already do this in a
> "LABEL" field. By stuffing [LEICA] is the subj field pushes out the real
> subject, sometimes beyond the window. And it makes it more difficult to
> scan down the subject column to find something.
>
> If you are taking votes, I vote no.

Jim, I couldn't agree more.
But it seems as more and more listowners are giving in to those
subscribers too lazy to use real filters.
Odd, the more sophisticated mail-clients become, the more lists we
get with crippled subject headers.

It will be a cold day in hell before I mutilate the infrared list this
way.

Time to invent some additional mail-software to strip those darn
prefixes again, so that I can read what the message is about.

- --
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

      The desire to understand