Subject: Re: [Leica] <OFF TOPIC> Rolleiflex Question
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:15:52 -0500

At 12:19 PM 11/30/97 -0000, Harrison McClary wrote:
>My brother has a Rolleiflex SL 35mm camera S# 4 723 622 with a Planar 50
>1.8 Rollei HFT lens # 1149719.
>
>He is wanting to know what kind of lenses he can get for this camera and
>where he can find them.  I have never seen another camera like this, but
>I am sure some of you know about it.

Well, for starters, he COULD subscribe to the Rollei List, sister to the LUG.

The Rolleiflex SL35 line (which is now only represented by the 3003 in a
photogrammetric version) uses Rollei's 'QBM' (Quick Bayonet Mount).  There
is a series of Schneider, Zeiss, and Voigtlander lenses in QBM, and a fair
number of Singapore and German made Rollei HFT lenses (Rollei-made Zeiss
lenses);  there are also a series of 'Rolleinar' lenses which were
third-party Japanese lenses of from mediocre to good quality.  Finally,
there are aftermarket lenses from Sigma, I believe, and I know that both
Kilfitt/Zoomar and Novoflex made adapters.  And Rollei still sells the M42
adapter to allow the vast range of these lenses (German, Russian, and
Japanese) to be used on the SL35 cameras.

All of these appear from time to time in Shutterbug.  Woodmere and Brooklyn
Camera, or Hadley Chamberlain, are probably the places to start.

Marc Small
Rollei List Administrator

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!