Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "[LUG]" test, please ignore
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 11:59:53 -0900

>At 04:03 PM 11/29/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>Testing change to "Subject" field of leica-users messages.
>>

>Why are you doing this? Eudora and many other emailers already do this in a
>"LABEL" field. By stuffing [LEICA] is the subj field pushes out the real
>subject, sometimes beyond the window. And it makes it more difficult to
>scan down the subject column to find something.
>
>If you are taking votes, I vote no.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim

I second the motion. It also makes sorting messages by subject less=
 effective since the sort is alphabetical by the first word in the subject f=
ield.

BTW: I am just back from a long trip that included Boston -  Carl at Park=
 Square Camera sends his greetings to Ted and LUG
Tom .

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph.D.                             =20
Research Scientist/ Diving Safety Officer               =20
Prince William Sound Science Center                                 =20
300 Breakwater Avenue, P. O. Box 705                                  =20
Cordova, AK 99574, USA
907-424-5800
tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us
http://www.pwssc.gen.ak.us/