Subject: 21mm
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 17:52:35 -0500

Marc James Small writes:

<<Michael

I am not "bored" per se, it's just that I don't particularly like
super-wide-angle lenses.  When I need one, I use either a 5.6/20 Russar o=
shoot it with my Contarex and a 4.5/21 Biogon.  But I may shoot five fram=
es
a year, at most, wider than 35mm.

I am in the middle of being separated from my wife, and a lot of my
references are, of course, at my estranged spouse's residence, so this is=

from memory.  Leica has never been happy with any of their 21mm formulae
and have been considering for some years replacing the current lens.
However, this is not a particularly high-demand lens, so the redesign of
the 90mm Elmarit and the 35mm lenses took priority.  =

In the past two years, you are the first fervent advocate of the 2.8/21 t=
have posted such on the LUG.  The general consensus in the past is that t=
he
Super-Angulon is a more satisfactory lens, although it has the drawback
that it will not meter with the M6.

Marc>>

Marc;

Thanks for your reply.

<<Leica has never been happy with any of their 21mm formulae
and have been considering for some years replacing the current lens.>>

I have never heard that...officially or unofficially.  Perhaps the new
21ASPH is the one that will make them happy.<g>

<<In the past two years, you are the first fervent advocate of the 2.8/21=

have posted such on the LUG.>>

I hope that doesn't disqualify my experience. <s>

I am sorry to hear about your breakup.

Michael