Subject: Re: IIIf Loading for Number 5
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 08:42:44 +0100

For screw mount beginners, and without additional film cuttings:

Unscrew front lens, open shutter at T (time). Insert film and both spools as
far as they move without problems. Care, that both spools are straight, film
with a little (!) space. Now: Make film plane with your fingers thru the
opened shutter, and move it slowly higher. Press the spools softly into
camera body, corresponding to film heigth. When film is in the sprocket
holes: Transport film slowly, and watch/ control the correct film transport
thru the closing shutter window. Press in & twist the inner part of the
transport spool, till it's kept/hold by the inner spool notch (otherwise you
can't close the bottom plate correctly). Now, close bottom plate. Choose
short shutter speed. Mount lens. Twist rewind knob/ lever (?) slowly &
cautiously till film is straight. Release and transport film 3 times. Set
counter to 0. Ready - start taking pictures. It gets more easy thru training :)

B = "beliebig" (any time, opend as long as you press release button).
_Not_ "bulb". Bulb = 1/25 IIIf RD, 1/30 IIIf BD, dialer (?) at 2.

Alf

At 20:53 28.11.1997 -0500,  Number 5 & Gary looked for input: