Subject: Re: IIIf Loading
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:11:32 -0500 (EST)

Gary:

You probably know but in case you don't, and everyone who knows forgets to
mention it, the film leaders of the IIIf's day were cut longer. When I was
using my IIIf, I would lengthen the leader to 4-5" by scissor. Leica made a
template for this at one time, but I think the're pretty rare. Not hard to
do freehand if you want to try this. The longer leader won't catch on the
shutter, and will pull across smoothly.

Now I'm sure a REAL LUGNUT can load a LSM camera with short leader, but if
you like the "conversation piece" value of you old camera, imagine the
attention you'll get when people see you sculpting your film ends!

Nick Hunter