Subject: Re:Canon vs. Leica
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 00:54:56 -0500 (EST)

BBAIN posted:

>I do confess to looking forward to having AF and
>          autoexeposure to play with.

I sell the Elan II new (this is not an advertisment) and *For a mid price
japanese AF SLR* it's a nice body. What I like are not so much the features
as the way it works together. The EOS do things differently, but if you can
get used to them, they can be very intuitive.

>I think I'll go with the Canon
>          100-300mm L zoom for a lens, but I'm open to the wisdom of the
>          'net.

The 100-300L may be the sharpest Canon in that range, but before you
decide, check out the 100-300USM. Unlike most AF systems, certain Canons
can still be manually focussed with AF active-no fumbling for switches when
the AF misses (sometimes it happens!). Also, 75-300 and 300/4.0 are now
available with stabilizers, which may help with sports shooting.

Feel free to post privately if I can help.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Leica programming!

Nick Hunter