Subject: Take it seriously.... Some do.....
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:29:55 -0500

DUANE wrote:

<<<<<I have also heard those statements and I have read that Leica designed
the Noctilux for wide open shooting only, assuming that users would switch
to the Summicron for stopped down shooting in several magazine
articles.>>>>>

Duane,

I'd bet a Canadian Loonie coin that it's a myth! :) Despite the fact that I
use my Noctilux as often as I can wide open, it's still a damn fine lens at
any other aperture.

ted