Subject: More on R4
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:47:26 -0500

Stefan wrote:

<<<What can the R8 do, except from matrix  metering, which the R7 cannot?

Stefan,

I guess in all honesty not a whole bunch. The R8 handles better(in my hands
anyway, size) Apart from the metering system they are both camera's, but
one with a fine tuning for use, ie: brighter screen, easier handling for
bracketing, adjusting shutter speeds and working modes, better internal
viewfinder information outline to mention a few.

But if you have sufficient funds for an R8 I'd go for it, if for no othere
reason than it is the best of th best and equal to the M6 in what we expect
from Leica.

There isn't anything wrong with the R7, I have used them for a long time (3
cameras) and they served me well. A couple still do, until the motors are
availble for thr R8, then the R7's will go.

ted