Subject: Re: Kodachome 64 on the R8
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 97 00:52:54 -0400

>I think it would be nice if the way to change ISO
>was a bit faster with the R8, but it's not that big a hassle. Just rate 64
>and 80 and see what happens. Then adjust accordingly.

Has anyone ever tried making up fake DX gizmos? What if you took a
cassette for the speed you need, took it apart, and cut out the section
of the metal shell with the DX pattern on it, and then just stuck this on
another cassette with double-sided tape, so that it would have a DX code
for a different speed? Pick it off when you unload and put it on the next
one. You could then fool the R7, too. If you took a large, curved section
of the first cassette, you might even be able to clip it on to the other
cassettes, using the curved surface. Just be sure to orient it correctly!

You could also make these up with metal foil or something, but stealing
one off of a cassette seems like it would be pretty easy. If you made up
a couple of sets for the speeds you commonly re-rate to, it would make
things easier for both you and the camera.

- - Paul