Subject: Re: Imarect
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 07:35:35 -0500

>What is the second, shorter index line for next to the main index line on
>the ring that changes the focal length view? It only seems to work on the
>13.5 cm setting.

It is for use at short distances - about 12 feet and under. It compensates
for the angle of view changing slightly as you focus closer.

>Is the number engraved on the side a serial number?

Yep

>I seem to remember somebody on this list some time back mentioning
>dismantling and cleaning the these viewfinders. Has anybody done this? Is
>this advisable/easy to do? Mine has a slight haze.

I have done it on a number of them. I often find that the slight haze is
between prisms and can be easily removed. (I'm a klutz with such things and
I managed it OK)

>What a exquisite, jewel-like little gizmo this is! I could get addicted
>to this kind of thing...

I've more or less stopped using mine in favor of BL finders.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>