Subject: Re: About the R4
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 03:33:37 -0800

At 10:19 AM 11/25/97 +0100, Johnsson Stefan wrote:
>Thanks for all the responses concerning my questions about the R4. Most
>reactions were about the price, which I mistakenly said was $750. The
>right price is $500, which also include a 6 month warranty.
>
>The camera (black chrome) is in a really good shape, and as Sherry
>Krauter mentioned, all times should be shown in the P-mode, so there is
>obviously no defect on the camera. Nevertheless you have tempted me to
>look for a newer model, for instance a R5. The only 'aber' is that this
>camera costs almost twice as much as the R4. But maybe it is worth it...

In your place, I would buy an R4sP (R4s2 in Europe) -- except for TTL
flash, it has most of the useful features of the R5 (the program mode is
less sophisticated), and it costs only about $600.

Actually, in your place I'd buy an R6 for about $900 -- it's mechanical,
gives mirror prefire, TTL flash, and leaves out all the silly autoexposure
stuff.

- -Patrick