Subject: Leica R4
From: Johnsson Stefan <stefan.johnsson@km.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:00:26 +0100

Hello!

My name is Stefan and I am new to this group. Since a while I am a
member of the Leica User digest group, which I find is a good way of
getting information about Leica cameras and other things. But I want to
take more active part in the discussions so therefore I have decided to
join the Leica User group.

My main camera is a Leica M6 with a couple of lenses, but now I am
considering to buy a Leica reflex camera, because I would like to take
macro-pictures (with a Macro-Elmarit-R 1:2.8/60). Since I cannot afford
a Leica R7 or R8 the next choice for me is the Leica R4 (of course I
prefer the R5 but it is a little bit more expensive).

I can get a R4 with serial nr 1607xxx for about 750USD, but I am not
sure it works as it should do. As I understand it the time scale on the
right side in the viewfinder should only show the times between 1/15th
and 1/1000th in the Program-selection, but on this camera all the times
are shown, from 1 sec to 1/1000th sec. Does anyone of you know if there
are some variations of the R4, so that it could be right that the camera
should show all the times in the P-selection?

My second question is: Is it possible to find any user manuals for this
camera? It would be nice to know exactly how it works. I contacted the
Leica agency here, but they could not help me.

Thanks in advance.

/Stefan