Subject: Re: Cameras on Everest
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 18:37:11 +0500

Hello Marc,

	Many thanks for the information and I suppose I should really pick up a
copy of your book the next time I go back to Canada.  Even though the
climbers were using 35mm cameras they still must have felt very heavy as
they got higher on the mountain.  I remember the strange looks I got
lugging my 4x5 around at the base camp.  BTW I just came down from the roof
a little while ago after watching an incredible sunset on the Himal  to the
north of the Kathmandu Valley.  I am lucky that I have a view like that
without even leaving home!!  What I really need though is a long telephoto.

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal