Subject: Re: 50 Noct. in bright light
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:11:46 +0100

Howard,

Evidently you been reading the wrong stuff: My (test) pix showed, that the
Noctilux is almost as sharp as the rigid Summicron or pre-current Summilux
betweeen f 4 nd f 8. Opposite, the Noctilux's color management is completely
different. The lens, which is able to balance extreme contrasts in low light
situations, shows a balanced rendition of  bright sun light also. "Her" pix
are really special, remarkable in the shadow details, and can't be confused/
mixed (?) with any other lens I know. In my impression/ perception the
Noctilux is a warm lens with a creamy white tendency. And, she's a painter,
in bright sun light also ...

Alf