Subject: Re: 180mm f:2 Apo-Summicron / LA Zoo
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 13:20:58 -0700

On 23 Nov 97,  Jacques Bilinski wrote:

> > What I find interesting in this thread is that this focal length, in
> > all its three forms, seems to appeal to everyone.
> >
> > Marvin liked the f2.0 APO, Jim likes the f2.8 and TM likes the f3.4
> > APO.
> >
> There was also an F4.0 made. Does anyone have any experience with this
> one?

That's correct! I forgot all about the lowly Elmar. I've heard from
others that they produce good images also with the relatively modest
cost (for Leica) being its strong feature.

Last I heard it is still in production.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Intuition (n): an uncanny sixth sense which tells people
      that they are right, whether they are or not.