Subject: Re: Aftermarket for Leica M
From: "Jacques Bilinski" <jbilin@axionet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 20:49:40 -0800

> I can't understand why someone hasn't made an M body. It's my dream.
Nikon,
> Canon, even Pentax could build a fine film back for my Leica glass. The
> rangefinder would be the tricky part. If the CLE is any indication, the
> Leica rangefinder is a true work of art, but if they could get the
> rangefinder even close, just think of the posibilites. Matrix metering,
> automatic metering, TTL flash with a 250th sync, a quiet built in
motorized
> film advance, even, dare I wish it, auto bracketing. While the market for
> new rangefinder line might be limited, a new body for all of those lenses
> already out there would sell at least a few.

I'd like one too. A good spotmeter would be nice. I'd like it to be
lightweight. We already have the Leica Ms if we need a really rugged
camera. An electronic rangefinder like the Contax Gs might be more cost
effective. It would allow the use of the depth of field scales on the
lenses which are missing from the Contax G lenses.