Subject: Re: Polarizing Filter Replacement
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 18:48:36 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997 Leikon35@aol.com wrote:

> replacing separated polarizing filters - it should be noted
> that the  M6 does not need the more expensive  circular
> filter that is used in TTL SLRs as the metering in the M6
> is off the white dot.

If the issue here is that only the glass component of a polarizer has gone
bad, reconditioning is a fairly straightforward process.  I bought a Leitz
swing-out polarizer with absolutely rotten glass out of the junk box at a
local photo supply shop along with a new Tiffen polarizer threaded
for a larger diameter lens.  The Tiffen glass was removed from the holder
and taken to a competent optician who ground it to fit the Leitz ring.

Authentic? No, but I don't think it's affected the "bokeh."  Functional?
Absolutely. Cost effective? You betcha!

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart