Subject: Reply to R.W. Hemingway's thought....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 17:07:03 -0500

I would be inclined to say "ditto"- I don't mind fractured English; English
is a wonderfully resilient means of communication and can take considerable
punishment before becoming unintelligible. That's probably why it is almost
universal. The complainers might stop and consider- that the writer about
whom they complain can usually speak/write English better than the
complainer can read/write Swedish/ Dutch/ French/ et al.