Subject: Re: 19 2.8 R (NEW)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 22:30:12 -0600

At 01:52 PM 11/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Eric, Sounds like Santa came to your house early! I am looking at a used
>19/2.8 now and if I can talk the owner who has it on consignment down to
>around $1500, I think Santa might come to my house too! It is a marvelous
>piece of glass!

It's certainly worth more than that mint, but what condition is it in?
Whatever, it's worth it. A true Leica lens. I scanned in my pictures today
from the fashion show yesterday. And I have to say, this 19 is a great
available light lens. It may be slow (2.8 for me is slow) but it's got
shadow detail to spare. And VERY contrasty. But there were wedding gowns
with lots of white in the images, and the highlights were very smooth and
not blown out, except in one picture that was in very extreme light. And it
was the film that gave up, not the lens. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake!