Subject: Re: portrait lens
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:39:56 -0500 (EST)

Or, if you can find one, the 135 f/4.5 Elmar.  Mine of thirties vintage
remains a stellar performer. Unfortunately, the limited production run may
have attracted the attention of collectors.

Now if you do get one, you'll also have to get a IIIa to be

Roy

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 aglang@sprynet.com wrote:

> Get a 73/1.9 Hektor. Wide open a great soft lens.
>
> On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Howard Sanner <70357.3471@compuserve.com> wrote:
> >   I'd like to get a lens for my M3 for taking portraits. IMHO, for this
[snip]
> >coating would probably give a kind of softness to the image. In addition, by
> >getting it in LTM, I'll be able to use it when I get my IIIc. (Note I didn't
> >say "if." <g>)
> >
> >   Comments? Alternative suggestions?
> >
> >   Many thanks.
> >
> >                                          Howard Sanner
> >                                          70357.3471@compuserve.com

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart