Subject: Re: Japanese Leica Users
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:12:40 PST

Marvin Moss writes:

>   rarely have I seen  them  buy one.  There are probably more  Mint M3s  in
>   Japan than in the rest of the world.

Why are they buying so many of the M3s and M4s?  To use, to collect, to
invest, all of the above?  I realize different people will have different
reasons, but as a whole, what is the reason for the demand being so great
there?

Do they truly like and use the Leica as a photographic instrument or do they
consider it a relic of the past, eclipsed by their own industry, and now
collected as a sort of fossil?

- -Dave