Subject: Re: Bokeh TEST?
From: "Ken Lee" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 16:31:39 -0500

Jim et al

I have been hesitant to jump into this discussion, but I have enjoyed
following it.  I do not profess to be a bokeh expert. I am not even sure I
can recognize good or bad, but I have some difficulty understanding what
the issue is.  As a number of others have said, bokeh is merely a name for
the rendition of the out of  focus part of an image. I don't see it as a
"vague mental concept " or something to be proven or disproven.... it just
is.

It may not be considered important by some, it may be very important to
others. Some may "like" a certain look, others may prefer another. However,
unless everything in the image is sharp there is an out of focus area and
it has a certain look to it.

What am I missing?

Ken