Subject: Re: scanning
From: BenTroGa@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:25:21 -0500 (EST)

I have been using the HP Photosmart scanner/printer for a couple on months
now and am very, very happy with the results (up to 5x7).  The 8x10 prints
(maximum for this machine) begins to lose some perfection of detail  due to
the ink-jet printing process.  Up to that point, however, the results are
entirely pleasing.  You have almost infinite control over color saturation,
contrast, and cropping with the software which is provided with the units.
 The current price at most retail outlets here in the US is $499 for the
printer and $499 for the scanner. ( I am really thinking about looking at a
laser printer for enlargements larger than 5x7, but have not pursued that
avenue yet.)  I'll let you know how those work.

Bottom line, I'm delighted with my HP unit.