Subject: Re: Leica in Photo Techniques Mag.
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 16:14:38 PST

> There is another article on their pick of the 25 best cameras made today.
> The M6 is #6.

I don't think they intended the numbers to be a relative ranking, they
just came up with what they thought were the best 25 and tossed 'em all
in (after all, the ELPH is #21 and the Pentax 67 is #22).  I also recall
that they "took turns" with a manufacturer's different models from year
to year.

> They tell all about the camera, but don't mention the best
> feature - the lenses.

They did, however, write one of the best tributes to a Leica I've ever
read, talking about the simplicity, directness, and unambiguity of its
controls; how the camera doesn't attempt to think for you or get in
the way, and so on.  Those two paragraphs alone were worth the price of
the magazine; check it out.

I'd never seen this magazine before and, after looking at the types of
articles it has,  I like it quite a bit.  I do wish their name (PHOTO
Techniques) wasn't so close to the British publication (Photo Technique)
because I'll bet it causes confusion among stores in ordering it.

- -Dave