Subject: Re: Bokeh:a mythical construct - Revealed!!
From: "Steven Blutter" <sblutter@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 14:43:22 -0600

Bokah exists!
How else can you explain a group of educated, diverse (I did read many of
the roll-call entries) people from all over the world accepting a
nonsensical word as the symbol for a visual phenomenon that occurs in
photographs made with Leica lenses (M only?  my experience...) And
apparently agreeing on it!

you put it as...

"the out-of-focus characteristics of certain lenses"

Others of us have different experiences, but we still agree subjectively
that its there.

That is how we prove Bokeh exists!  Plato!
Are you a reasonable man?  Or do you just want to smash our idols? -:)

(Personally I 1st came to believe the magic of Bokah when, as a young guy I
started to really know how to print and seeing the images in the fixxer
with the light on and falling in love with grey scales... ah, those were
the days...but I just didn't know the word for it then)

Steven